Alaska Child Support Services Division

Alaska Child support services

find us on facebook    follow CSSD on twitter

CSSD Office Hours and Locations

Anchorage Office:

655 F Street (across the street from the Atwood building on the first floor of the Linny Pacillo Parking Garage).

Anchorage Hours:

Walk-in: Monday - Friday: 10:00 - 4:00 pm
Call Center: Monday - Friday: 9:30 - 4:00 pm

Fairbanks Office:

675 7th Avenue, Ste J2

Fairbanks Hours:

Walk-in: Monday – Friday: 8:30 – 12:30 and 2:00 – 4:00pm

Annual Fee Begins in 2017

The Deficit Reduction Act of 2005, effective October 1, 2006, required all states to impose a mandatory $25.00 annual fee for cases that meet the following criteria:

  • The family has never received cash assistance benefits in any state; AND
  • The custodial party received $500.00 or more during the federal fiscal year (FFY).

Prior to 2017, the State of Alaska paid this mandated fee on behalf of all families; however, the State’s fiscal situation required re-evaluation of these expenditures and the fee will now be imposed on the custodial party for all qualifying cases.

Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:

  1. What is a “federal fiscal year”?
    The federal fiscal year begins on October 1 and runs through September 30 of each year. As soon as a custodial party receives $500.00 within a FFY, including the current FFY, CSSD will collect $25.00 from the payment.
  2. How will the federal fee be paid?
    CSSD will collect $25.00 directly from the child support payment after $500.00 has been sent to the family.
  3. Is there some other way to pay the fee?
    No. The fee must be paid from child support collections.
  4. What if $500.00 is not collected during a federal fiscal year?
    The $25.00 fee will not be charged.
  5. What if more than $500.00 is collected in the FFY? Will CSSD take the $25.00 fee more than once?
    The fee is no more than $25.00 per FFY.
  6. What if I have more than one case?
    If you have more than one case with CSSD, the fee will be collected from each qualifying case.
  7. Does the non-custodial parent get credit for the fee collected from a support payment?
    Yes. Federal law requires that non-custodial parents receive full credit for support paid. For example, if $500.00 is sent to a custodial parent this FFY, the non-custodial parent is given credit for the $500.00. If another $100 payment is then received, the child support obligation is credited for the full $100.00 – CSSD retains the first $25.00 to pay the fee and the remaining $75.00 is paid to the family.
  8. What if CSSD takes the fee, but I previously received cash assistance in another state?
    CSSD does not have direct access to assistance information from other states. If you previously received cash assistance in another state, please contact your caseworker to discuss options. You may be eligible for a refund of the fee.

The full text of the 2005 Act can be found at

Annual Statements

CSSD is converting from monthly to annual statements in January 2017. Payment information may be accessed 24/7 on the automated Kidsline at (907) 269-6900 or (800) 478-3300. A complete statement is also available through the CSSD member service portal.

CSSD Member Service Portal

You can now make child support payments online using our new Member Service Portal. Custodial parents can use the portal to change how they receive payments- opting for either a debit card or a direct deposit to their account. Additional services include: address and phone number changes; name change request; and financial statements. Sign up HERE.

Employer New Hire Reporting Through MyAlaska

For more information: Letter to Employers , New Hire User Instructions

Employers can now report new hires directly to CSSD through the myAlaska website at Reporting online will save you time and money! If your business already has a myAlaska account, log in and select “Services for Businesses/Submit employee hirings to CSSD”. You can create your myAlaska business account by selecting “Register for a myAlaska Account” under "Account Services" and entering the required information.